Oh, I know the feeling. There is such a pressure to be successful at a younger and younger age nowadays that I feel old. That’s somewhat off-putting for me considering I used to be considered a bit of a prodigy in years past.
I got picked again by Eight Line Poem
1) I do own the harp, but I don’t play it. I used to take lessons very briefly but to be honest, the only instrument I ever excelled at was voice. Now the harp is perched in our living room in a very decorative fashion.
2) My mom says that if I had been born a boy, I’d have been named Morgan. She says that she honestly didn’t know how to name a boy…she would have named my sister Wolfgang (we’re classical music fans).
3) I’m really obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the moment. It helps me unwind (plus Spike is rather savory).
4) I’m a major league cat person. I love dogs and all other animals, but I love kitties most of all!
5) I can’t stand olives. I used to be okay with black olives, but sometimes they’re good, sometimes no, so now I just avoid them. The smell of green olives (or most olives in general) makes me gag.
6) I share a birthday with Man Ray! Even if he’s not one of my all time favorite photographers, I still think it’s pretty cool.
7) Pet peeve: elbows pointed at the camera. I might not have been in art school for long, but I was there long enough to learn that elbows (or bent joints in general) pointed at the camera are just unattractive. There are pictures that tons of people like that I can’t look at without seeing the frakking messed up elbow! It just ruins the shot for me.
8) My life is sloppy and unconventional, but I’m a horrible perfectionist. I never want to show people things unless they are perfect.
9) My favorite food is seafood. I’d be pescetarian if I could swing it, but I can’t for now!
10) My parents both have very dark, black-if-not-close-to-black, typical Italian hair, but mine is light brown. I think I inherited this from my grandmother (we look very similar). One of the reasons I choose not to dye my hair or get plastic surgery is because of the traits I have taken on from my family members, characteristic traits that I take pride in more and more each day.
I’m truly enjoying my TTV adventures. There’s something so simple and yet so thought provoking in the process and the result, it’s as though a door in my mind has opened and all these possibilities are coming in.
TTV, Argus Super 75, shot with a 100mm 2.8 lens.
Also, just a few things, if you please:
– Unless you leave a sweet/substantial comment with your group invites, they will be deleted. If you leave a comment and your group invite is large, flashy, and distracting, I will delete it anyway. Please.
– I truly do enjoy going through people’s work and it does take me time to do so, but I’d appreciate it if I weren’t tagged in pictures that don’t really involve me. Thank you!
Tagged: , ghost , ghostly , haunting , harp , playing , music , musical , instrument , ttv , through , viewfinger , argus super 75 , grain , dust , dusty , dirty , grunge , old , vintage , movement , black , white , bw , monochrome , eerie , spooky , diana , pinto , absence , is , steel , 365days , 365 , project , day , 52 , ttvwhores , at this very moment I am watching buffy , season 6, specifically , I’ve got to say…I’m a Spuffy girl , i can’t believe I just said that, but hey. You know you’ve been rooting for it too. , And by rooting for it, I mean that you totally wish you were in Buffy’s shoes , ugh, I’m disgusting, I’m going to stop now