With temperatures reaching 87° today, how about we go into the archives and pull out a nice photo of city slush-a-roo?
Here we have a cast of characters huddling together in the urban coldness.
From right to left (that’s correct, we are going the opposite direction, so pay attention y’all)
* The mighty Unitrin building says, "Man, I’m cold!"
* Jewelers Building hides behind a tree, "This tree might just might make me warm."
* Hotel 71 tries to hide by standing flat back behind that building with the tall-peaky-thing-who’s-name-I-don’t-know.
* London Insurance Building stands bold and strong, as does the Hard Rock Hotel dressed in a slick winter black coat with gold trim.
* Across the street is that other building who’s name I don’t know. Get a name why don’t you!?
* Then the Illinois Center is also dressed in a nice black Chicago jacket. A jacket that’s bulky and puffy, like one of them puffy jackets.
* And finally, the AON Center, the tallest kid of the group and the most silly, tries to get a sun tan by facing towards the bit of sun that is able to peak through the clouds.
And that yellow taxi van is like, "i’m totally outta here! Eat my slush, you fudge nuckers!"
PLEASE I encourage you to add more notes to this photo. I’d love to see notes postered all over this photo. 🙂
FEATURED IN: Chicago Magazine’s photo blog chicagomag.com/Radar/Snap/January-2008/The-Chicago-Slushie/
A higher-resolution print is available at: www.deviantart.com/print/1075006/
Tagged: , hdr , chicago , illinois , downtown , jewelers building , hotel 71 , aon center , London Guarantee Building , taxi , snow , slush , michigan avenue , bridge , color , gray , brown , yellow , blue , cyan , tan , february , winter , day , daytime , outdoors , urban , city , architecture , dramatic , incredible , beautiful , pretty , light , photo , photograph , nikon d80 , d80 , spudart , maldre , 35 East Wacker Drive , North American Life Building , Pure Oil Building , Carbide & Carbon building , michigan avenue bridge , chicago snow , chicago winter , building